Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gonna be a Good Life

I have been listening to the lyrics of the "One Republic" song called "Good Life." It seems like it is on repeat on the radio recently.

Though it may not be *about* the same topic, the song really speaks to me.

My sweet mother is fighting ALS, the horrible disease many know as Lou Gehrig's. She is such an inspiration, and I know that she has had a good life. She is so loved by her friends, family, and community. I am proud to have been raised by such an amazing woman, who loves God and all people. Her courage inspires me to have a good life, to be the kind of mother that I want to be.

She has given me a Good Life.

Mom, I love you. We are all going to be ok. You have taught us the lessons that we need to have a good life. When there are airplanes I feel like I just can't jump out of, I think of you...and I jump. Thank you for giving me the courage...and the knowledge that there are things that I should not complain about.

Your mom made me memorize her favorite bible verse when I was little, the first verse I learned from the heart.

Philippians 4:8: Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment